A (cafe business) in Belltown is seeking P/T experienced barista and customer service rep for 20-30 hrs/wk. We are looking for someone who can work independently AND together in a team-oriented environment. Candidate should be friendly, energetic and efficient. You must be able to move quickly at all times during your shift and have great problem-solving skills and insight. Qualified candidate will have ALL of the following requisites:
*At least 2 years customer service experience
*At least 1 year recent barista experience (manual machine)
*Current WA State Food Handler's Permit
*Able to stay for 6+ months
*Positive, ready-to-work attitude
*Blah, blah, blah
If you do not have ALL of the above listed, you need not apply. We will be interviewing the afternoon of May 24th and 25th, so only apply if you are able to appear at that time. We are looking to fill 2 positions immediately, so open availability for that week is a must. Reply with relevant resume and 3 professional references.
What's wrong with this ad? Well, nothing really unless you look at it from my perspective.
- It's a (below) minimum-wage job starting at $8/hr (Washington state minimum is $8.55)
- I'm assuming zero benefits as it's only part-time
- They want you to quit your current P/T job (must be available immediately),
- but yet you have to have recent experience (as in employer references)
- I'm walking distance from this place yet they require "reliable transportation" which means running errands for the business in your car?
- You have to have a current food handler's license and those cost money and are generally not required by big-chain fast food like Starbuck's, McDonald's, etc.